I'm not saying that everyone should start writing checks to This Guy but we can definitely do better. In lieu of the recession many more people have been placed in this situation. Looking for work in a really tight market often times opting to do small odd jobs just to get by. Have you ever witnessed This Guy scouring through the trash for whatever remnants of a meal someone else found unworthy to eat? When you see This Guy don't pass him by with disdain. Share a little COMPASSION for your fellow man even if its just a few words of encouragement. Or maybe you can buy this guy a meal considering he may not know where his next one is coming from. There are many organizations out here that are willing to help but they also need your help....check The Charles William Whittaker Sr. Foundation for example http://redcomcomputerservices.com/content11.php
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Coffee Cups can Change
Nearly everyday as I take my walk through the neighborhood I see people heading to work, some heading home, and some just in the midst of it all. You may say well DUH me too...which I totally get but I'm not talking about the regular pedestrians. I'm talking about the guy sitting outside of the coffee shop asking for change. His donation cup isn't running over with hundreds let alone a solid dollar bill. If anyone has noticed the recession like you and I could you imagine what This Guys' life could be like? NO HOME, NO FOOD, and NO SHOWER. Five hours of requesting change in any monetary donation and all he has to show is $3.02....two dollar menu items.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment